This is an ideal light meal for the family when you haven’t got time to cook a big meal. It is full of good protein. Served with a salad makes it a nutritious meal.
Sardine / Mackarel and Cheese Bake Recipe
This is an ideal light meal for the family when you haven't got time to cook a big meal. It is full of good protein. Served with a salad makes it a nutritious meal.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups Rice cooked
- 425g Sardines / Mackarel
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Tomato sliced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Bazil
- 1/2 cup Cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare a 20cm ovenproof dish.
- Put rice at the bottom.
- Break sardines into large pieces and arrange on top of the rice.
- Pour sauce from the fish over it then a layer of onions and a layer of sliced tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the eggs with the milk and add bazil.
- Pour over the fish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 45 minutes or until set and light brown on top.
- Serve with a salad.
<a href="//yummly.com" class="YUMMLY-YUM-BUTTON">Yum</a><!-- [et_pb_line_break_holder] --><script src="https://www.yummly.com/js/widget.js?wordpress"></script>