Rice Noodle and Apricot Salad Recipe
- 1 cup Raw Rice Noodles
- 1 410g Tin Apricot Halves
- 1 tsp Curry
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1 Onion small, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to Taste
- Boil the noodles in salt water until soft.
- Drain well.
- Drain apricot halves.
- Reserve the syrup.
- Cut apricot halves into pieces.
- Mix curry with apricot syrup.
- Mix noodles, apricots, capsicum onion and curry syrup.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Chill salad before serving.
Today’s Featured Ingredient
Rice flour is used to make rice noodles. Sometimes tapioca or cornstarch is added to improve the transparency and the texture. Fresh rice noodles haven’t got a long shelf life and are dried to prolong the shelf life. It is also available fresh or frozen. It comes in a variety of textures and thicknesses. Rice noodles can also be made from brown rice flour.
In Asia rice is the most commonly used product and rice noodles the second most commonly used rice product. Rice noodle contains no gluten which makes it a good option for people who are sensitive to gluten. Rice noodles contains phosphorus which helps filtering out waste in the kidneys. Rice noodles are also low in fat. It is commonly used in stir fries, soups and salads.