I don’t know about you but I love it when I cook meals in one pot, that means less dishes and a faster clean up. This One-Pot Chicken & Rice Recipe is a super easy and quick way to prepare a wholesome meal. This One-Pot Chicken & Rice recipe cooks all together with minimal prep work, and the result is a delicious, comforting meal.
One-Pot Chicken & Rice Recipe
One-Pot Chicken & Rice Recipe - This one pan dish is easy to make, the rice has got lots of flavor from the meat. Less dishes to wash and a winner all round.
Servings: 6 people
- 6 Chicken Thighs
- 1 1/2 cups Rice
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 Tomatoes peeled & chopped
- 1 pkt Mushroom Soup
- 2 cups Water boiling
- 2 tbls Oil
- Chicken Spice to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and spices.
- Put rice in a large casserole dish.
- Sprinkle soup powder over rice.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top of rice.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour or till meat is cooked.
- Remove cover about 10 minutes before end of cooking time for meat to brown.
- Add more water or stock if it gets to dry.
- Serve with peas and a salad.
Today’s Featured Ingredient
Rice is a seed from the grass family. It is a annual plant that grows in about 5-10 cm of water. It is harvested once a year and is very labour intensive. It comes from Asia. Asia produces most of the worlds rice. It is also the staple food of the Asian countries.
Rice is the fastest growing staple food of Sub-Saharian Africa.
Rice has no sodium or cholesterol and hardly any fat. Brown rice has the most nutrition of all the many types of rice. There are more than 40,000 varieties of rice all over the world.
Rice is usually cooked or steamed. It is rinsed before cooking to reduce the starch. Rice can also be soaked before cooking to reduce the cooking time. Medium grain rice is mostly used for sweet dishes.