Here is a coffee biscuit recipe with a difference. The apricot jam gives if a slight ginger taste. People often ask me whether I have add ginger to the dough. It also makes a lot of biscuits enough to share with all your friends.
Coffee Biscuits Recipe
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Water boiling
- 1 tsp Coffee
- 1/2 cup Apricot Jam
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbls Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream the margarine and sugar.
- Dissolve coffee in boiling water.
- Add the jam.
- Mix and add to the margarine.
- Mix baking soda with 2 tablespoons of water and vanilla essence.
- Add to the mixture.
- Sift flour and salt together.
- Add to mixture and mix to a dough.
- Roll into balls and bake for 10-15 minutes.