Passionfruit Tart Recipe
- 1 pkt Biscuits plain
- 1 pkt Lemon Jelly
- 1/2 cup Water boiling
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Cherries glazed, chopped
- 1/4 cup Passionfruit
- 1 can Evapourated Milk Chilled 3 Hours
- Dissolve jelly in boiling water, add sugar cool.
- Pack a layer of biscuits in a 18 x 28 cm glass dish.
- Beat milk till thick, jelly mixture, add passion fruit and cherries.
- Put half the mixture on top of the biscuits then another layer of biscuit and then the rest of the milk mixture.
- Sprinkle some crumbed biscuits over the top and decorate with cherries.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Today’s Featured Ingredient
Passion fruit is a fruit of the Passiflora vine. They grow in tropical or semitropical regions. There are 400 species of passion fruit found world wide.
The fruit is either yellow or dark purple when ripe. It has lots of black seeds surrounded by a membranous sac filled with yellow juice. The fruit is at it’s sweetest when the skin starts to wrinkle.
The fruit is eaten as a whole fruit, juiced or canned. Passion fruit is used in desserts, ice-cream, cheesecake or as a topping for pavlova. It is also used in cool drinks to give it more flavour.
Passion fruit is very high in antioxidants and a range of vitamins. The flowers are used as a herbal medicine by some Ethnic groups.