This is a delicious and easy Fish Pie Recipe with a creamy parsley sauce and puff pastry topping. Ideal for a mid week meal. It really doesn’t take long to make.
Country Style Fish Pie Recipe
This is a delicious and easy Fish Pie Recipe with a creamy parsley sauce and puff pastry topping. Ideal for a mid week meal. It really doesn't take long to make.
- 700g Fish
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 2 Eggs hard boiled
- 1 small Tin of Mushrooms
- Milk / Water to cover the Fish
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put the fish into a saucepan with the salt and enough milk or water to cover the fish.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover with a lid and stand for 5 minutes.
- Flake the fish.
- Melt margarine in a sauce pan and sauté onion.
- Stir in flour and gradually add milk to the mixture.
- Bring to the boil while stirring, cook until sauce thickens.
- If the sauce is too thick add more milk.
- Mix the fish, eggs, parsley and mushrooms then pour the sauce over and mix lightly.
- Pour into a prepared pie dish.
- Place pastry over the filling, pinch the edges.
- Cut slits into the pastry for the steam to escape.
- Decorate the top with leftover pastry.
- Brush with milk or egg.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.