Beans and rice are always a good combination. Mexican beans and rice is a nice and spicy Vegan dish, comforting food at its best. For those who like their meat just add some left-over chicken cut into bite size pieces.
Mexican Beans and Rice Recipe
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans drained
- 1 cup Rice cooked
- 1 can Green Beans drained
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Cumin
- Chilli Powder to taste
- 1 can Tomato diced and drained
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Coriander
- Add oil to a large pan, fry onion and garlic until garlic browns.
- Add the beans and the spices.
- Mix well.
- Add tomatoes and the water mixture.
- Bring to the boil and simmer over medium heat until beans have absorbed most of the liquid.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add rice and herbs to the pan.
- Cook, stirring until rice is heated through.
- Serve garnished with fresh herbs.