Meatballs with Curry Sauce Recipe
- 500 g Mince
- 50 ml Oats
- 1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp All Purpose Spice
- 1 Onion grated
- 1 Egg
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Onions cut into rings
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tbsp Apricot Jam
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix all the ingredients and roll into balls.
- Place into a greased ovenproof dish.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Cover dish with foil for the first 20 minutes then remove foil.
- Don't bake meat balls to hard.
- Fry onions in oil.
- Mix all the other ingredients together.
- Add to onions.
- Cook for 5 minutes or till sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over meatballs as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Cool and put in the refrigerator over night.
- The flavor improves with time.
- Heat and serve with rice.
Today’s Featured Ingredient
Oats is a cereal grown for its seed. It is sometimes called the common oat. Oats can be planted either in autumn or spring. It is a annual plant.
Oats is normally harvested when it reaches 35% moisture. It can also be left standing until it is completely dry.
Russia is the largest producer of oats, followed by Canada.
There are different type of oats, Raw oats, whole oats, rolled oats and quick oats. There are many ways to use oats e.g. Porridge, in baking, cold cereal and as a thickener in soups. It is also used as a livestock feed. The straw is used as bedding for cattle and horses. Oats is also used in cosmetics.
Oats has many health benefits. It is gluten-free. Oats has more protein and fat than most grains. It is very filling and may help with weight loss. The beta-glucan fibre found in oats can help lower cholesterol and lower blood sugar levels.