This is a light and refreshing desert for the hot summer months. With only a few ingredients it is not expensive to make. It is easy enough for the kids to make when they don’t know what to do with themselves.
Guava Mousse Recipe
- 410g Guavas with Syrup
- 1/2 tbls Gelatine
- 2 tbls Water cold
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 1 Egg separated
- Pinch Salt
- Heat guavas.
- Strain the juice from the guavas and add water to make 1 cup.
- Put juice back into the pot and bring to the boil.
- Remove from heat add gelatine.
- Cool and add finely chopped guavas and condensed milk.
- Beat egg white till stiff add to the guava mixture when it starts setting.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg white.
- Put into glass ice cream bowls.
- Decorate with sliced guavas and cream.