This is a old family favorite. The kids just love it and can’t wait for me to make it. The dough for the crust is enough for 4 tarts. Or you can use the left over dough to make biscuits, just add nuts to make it extra yummy.
Custard Tart Recipe
This is a old family favorite. The kids just love it and can't wait for me to make it. The dough for the crust is enough for 4 tarts. Or you can use the left over dough to make biscuits, just add nuts to make it extra yummy.
Servings: 8 people
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, beat well.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Press dough thinly into pie dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes or till light brown.
- Let cool and fill with filling.
- This is enough dough for 4 crusts.
- Mix cornflour, flour and salt in some of the milk.
- Heat the rest of the milk and butter to boiling point.
- Beat eggs and sugar together.
- Add the cornflour mixture.
- Add to boiling milk and stir till it boils.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Stirring all the time.
- Pour into cooked crust.
- Cool and serve.
<a href="//yummly.com" class="YUMMLY-YUM-BUTTON">Yum</a><!-- [et_pb_line_break_holder] --><script src="https://www.yummly.com/js/widget.js?wordpress"></script>