This Chilli Con Carne recipe is so easy and fast enough to make for midweek that is mildly spicy. Just by adding some spices and chillies to increase the heat to the dish. This dish freezes very well and tastes even better the next day. This great Chilli Con Carne recipe is one of the best dishes to serve to friends for a casual get-together with family.
Chilli Con Carne Recipe
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 Capsicum green / yellow
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tbls Tomato Puree
- 1 pkt Tomato & Vegetable Soup
- 3 tbls Oil
- 500 g Mince
- 1 cup Water hot
- 2 tbls Parsley chopped
- 1 tin Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Chillies to Taste
- Fry onion in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add green capsicum, fry for 4 minutes.
- Add chilies /chilli powder to taste (we used ½ teaspoon).
- Cook one minute.
- Add mince.
- Fry till meat starts browning.
- Mix soup powder with water add to meat.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add beans and tomato puree.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Stir in parsley just before serving.
- Serve with couscous or rice.