This mince dish with it’s rich tomato flavor is absolutely delicious. You can use spaghetti instead or Vermicelli. Serve with crusty bread or a tossed salad.
Beef and Vermicelli Loaf Recipe
This mince dish with it rich tomato flavor is absolutely delicious. You can use spaghetti instead or vermicelli. Serve with crusty bread or a tossed salad.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 tbsp Margarine
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 500 g Beef Mince
- 400 g Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 125 g Vermicelli
- 4 tbsp Margarine
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheese cheddar & grated
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat one tablespoon margarine in a saucepan.
- Fry the onion till soft.
- Add the mince, breaking up any lumps.
- Cook for about 4 minutes or till brown.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato pasta sauce and salt and pepper.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of margarine over low heat.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add the milk.
- Stir constantly until the sauce boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
Layering the Dish
- Spread half the vermicelli at the bottom of a glass loaf dish, then half the mince.
- Cover mince with remaining vermicelli and then the other half of the mince.
- Pour the white sauce over the mince.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.