Butter Bean Lentil Stew Recipe
This dish can be Vegan by using dairy free cheese instead of Cheddar cheese. Butter beans and lentils makes a healthy meal in minutes. Use your imagination and add some other vegetable as well. A ideal midweek dinner.
Servings 4 people
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 tin - 410g Lentils drained
- 1 tin - 410g Butter Beans drained
- 1 Potato cooked and cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Peas
- 1/4 Red Pepper
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tbsp Gravy Powder mixed with a little water
- 1 Slice Bread thick and crumbed
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cp Cheddar cheese grated
Fry onion and garlic in butter.
Add beans and lentils and potato cubes.
Stir gravy mixture into boiling water.
Add to beans with herbs and seasoning.
Cook till it thickens.
Turn into a baking dish, sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese over surface.
Place under preheated grill to brown.
Serve hot with tossed salad.
To make this a Vegan dish use dairy free cheese instead of Cheddar cheese.