Easy Mince Pie Recipe
- 500 g Mince
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbls Oil
- 1/2 tsp Barbeque Spice
- 1 tsp Gravy Powder / Flour
- 1/2 tbls Vinegar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Fry onion in oil.
- Add rest of the ingredients and cook till meat has lost its red color, but still juicy.
- Put into a 20 cm ovenproof dish.
- Beat milk, egg and cooking oil together.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and add to the milk mixture, mix and spoon over the meat.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes at 180°C or until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a salad.
Today’s Featured Ingredient
Vinegar is made from different materials such as grains, fruit, alcoholic beverages and other frementable materials, even coconut.
Vinegar consists of 5-20% acetic acid, water and trace chemicals. Vinegar is made by a fermentation process. Slow fermentation is used for traditional vinegars where vats of cider stands for several months for the fruit juice to ferment into alcohol and then oxidise into acetic acid. Herbs and fruits are sometimes used to flavour vinegar.
Europe produces most of the fruit vinegars.
Apples or cider are used to make apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits.
Balsamic vinegar is made from the finest white grapes. It is dark in colour, sweet and rich. It is the fastest growing type of vinegar in the world. Originally only the very rich Italians could afford it.
The most common use for vinegar is in food preparation and preserving. It is also used as a pesticide and household cleaner.