Chicken Pineapple Curry Recipe
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Onions small and chopped
- 1 Apple chopped
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 3 cups Chicken pieces, cooked
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Pineapple pieces
- 1/2 cup Light Cream
- Melt the Melt the butter sauté onion and apple till tender (not brown).
- Add flour, curry powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mustard, pepper, bay leaf and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before adding the chicken and pineapple pieces.
- Lastly add cream, reheat only.
- Do not let it boil.
Today’s Featured Ingredient
Pineapples were first found in the Caribbean in the 1490’s by Spanish explorers. They took it back to Europe where it became a status symbol decorating the festive table.
It is easy to grow a pineapple, simply break the crown off and let is dry for about 2 days and then plant it. It does however take three years for a pineapple plant to reach maturity. Interestingly a pineapple is actually a lot of individual fruits joined together onto one core.
Pineapples are used in cooking, yoghurt, jam, sweets and in juices.
Pineapples are known for fighting allergies, are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C and manganese.
Costa Rica, Brazil and the Philippines are the largest producers of pineapples. Roughly 26 million tons of pineapple are produced world wide annually.
Pineapples won’t ripen after they have been picked.